The Patrol Leader provides service and leadership to his patrol as its highest ranking member. The Patrol Leader is responsible for leading the patrol through planning and execution of their patrol activities. The Patrol Leader also represents their patrol in the Patrol Leaders’ Council. This is an elected position
Senior Patrol Leader and Assistant Scoutmaster for Patrols
First Class Scout
Oak Leaf (NYLT Prefered)
Approximately 5 months
Patrol Leaders should attend at least 80% of the Monday meetings and at least 75% of the monthly campouts.
- Plan and lead patrol meetings and activities.
- Keep patrol members informed.
- Assign each patrol member a job and help them succeed.
- Know the abilities of each patrol member
- Represent the patrol at all PLC meetings
- Prepare the patrol to take part in all troop activities.
- Lead patrol in performing all tasks assigned by SPL
- Develop patrol spirit.
- Be on time for all troop meetings and activities.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be an active Scout and show Scout spirit.