The Senior Patrol Leader (SPL) is the highest ranking scout leader in the troop. The SPL leads the troop through his Patrol Leaders and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader (ASPL). After successfully completing one term, the ASPL becomes the SPL for the following term.
First Class Scout
Oak Leaf and NYLT (NAYLE preferred)
Approximately 5 months
The SPL should attend at least 80% of the Monday meetings and at least 75% of the monthly campouts.
- Preside at all of the troop meetings, events, activities, PLC conferences, and PLC Annual Planning Retreat.
- Chair all PLC meetings
- Assign duties and responsibilities to other leaders.
- Oversee and mentor the ASPL with assistance of the Scoutmaster
- Oversee and mentor Patrol Leaders with assistance of assigned Assistant Scoutmasters.
- Attend all troop meetings, events, and activities except under extraordinary circumstances that may arise. If absent, arrange in advance to have these duties covered, and inform the Scoutmaster as soon as possible.
- Be the first to arrive (approximately 15 minutes prior) and plan to leave after all others have departed.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be an active Scout and show Scout spirit.