The scribe keeps the troop records. He records attendance, activities of the patrol leaders’ council and is responsible for communications to the troop on the events for the week. This is an elected position.
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader and Assistant Scoutmaster for Communications
First Class Scout
Oak Leaf and NYLT
Approximately 5 months
The Scribe should attend at least 80% of the Monday meetings and at least 75% of the monthly campouts.
- Attends and keeps accurate notes of PLC meetings.
- Tracks attendance at meetings and keeps rosters for campouts and other troop events and activities
- Oversees the communications of the PLC to the troop
- Be on time for all troop meetings and activities.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be an active Scout and show Scout spirit.