The Order of the Arrow (OA) Troop Representatives is a youth liaison serving between the local Order of the Arrow lodge or chapter and his troop. This position is elected by current OA members in the troop
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader and adult OA Representative
First Class Scout and member of the Order of the Arrow
Approximately 5 months
The OA Representative should attend at least 80% of the Monday meetings, at least 80% of the Lodge meetings and at least one overnight OA (Ordeal, Conclave, Fellowship, etc…) event
- Serve as a two-way communication link between the OA Lodge/Chapter and the Troop
- Encourage scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Assist with leadership skills training and outdoor skills in the troop.
- Encourage Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
- Encourage Arrowmen in the Troop to be active participants in Lodge/Chapter activities.
- Encourage Arrowmen in the Troop to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood.
- Coordinate Arrow-of-Light Ceremony for local packs that feed the troop
- Coordinate travel and attendance for recently elected OA candidates to an Ordeal.
- Coordinate travel and attendance for Ordeal members to become Brotherhood members at each Ordeal.
- Work with the adult OA representative
- In all cases, advocates environmental stewardship and Leave No Trace.
- Be on time for all troop meetings and activities.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be an active Scout and show Scout spirit.