Troop Historian keeps an historical record of troop activities. This is an appointed position by the Scoutmaster with guidance from the SPL.
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader and Assistant Scoutmaster for Communications
First Class Scout
Approximately 5 months
The Historian should attend at least 80% of the Monday meetings and at least 75% of the monthly campouts.
- Gathers pictures and facts about past activities of the troop and keeps them in scrapbooks or the web.
- Creates summary for each campout for Web Master to post online.
- Develop presentations (e.g. digital slides of about 10 minutes in length) for each Courts of Honor or assist Adults with this task as necessary. Show the presentation at the court. [fall term has 2, spring term has 1]
- Develop a presentation (e.g. digital slides of about 10 minutes in length) summarizing prior year or assist Adults with this task as necessary. Show the presentation to Troop Committee meeting. [spring term only]
- Take care of troop trophies, ribbons, and keepsakes.
- Keep information on troop alumni.
- Be on time for all troop meetings and activities.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be an active Scout and show Scout spirit.