The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader (ASPL) is the second highest ranking scout leader in the troop. The ASPL acts as the Senior Patrol Leader (SPL) in the absence of the SPL or when called upon. He also provides direct leadership to the Scribe, Quarter Master, Historian, Web Master, Librarian, Chaplain’s Aid, OA Representative and Bugler. This is an elected position.
Senior Patrol Leader and Scoutmaster
First Class Scout
Oak Leaf and NYLT
Approximately 5 months
The ASPL should attend at least 80% of the Monday meetings and at least 75% of the monthly campouts.
- Oversee with the assistance of assigned Assistant Scoutmasters the following Scout leaders: Scribe, Quartermaster, Historian, Web Master, Librarian, Chaplain’s Aide, OA Representative and Bugler.
- Perform tasks assigned by the SPL.
- Take over troop leadership in the absence of the SPL.
- Function as a member of the Patrol Leader’s Council.
- Be on time for all troop meetings and activities.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the scout uniform.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be an active Scout and show Scout spirit.